Here's my response to the economic stimulus program Mama Sue suggested to me the other night.
- Increase Social Security payments. I'm all for it. Old geezers and poor people are the biggest spenders. Economists will tell ya that most direct stimulus comes directly from them.
- Send out food cards based on household numbers. I think getting food assistance should be as easy as signing up for a Kroger card. However, I would limit it to two kids so we don't encourage welfare families.
- Give 10% tax rebate on Made In America products and tax companies that manufacture overseas. I'm for it, but unfortunately we've sold our soul to international free trade agreements. Breaking them would result in trade wars, which Big Business hates. And we all know that both parties are owned by Big Business, so they'll never have the balls to do it.
- Remove pensions for elected officials. I also think they should be on Medicare instead of their fancy private insurance plans.
- Streamline the IRS and repeal all tax cuts, at least for the rich and Big Business anyway.
- Penalize corporations who incorporate outside their own state. Vice President Biden would never go for this. He's from Delaware, America's number one corporate tax haven. But at the very least I think corporations should be banned from incorporating outside the country.
- Ban speculative trading on commodities. I'm all for a ban on financial speculation altogether, but it'll never happen because both the Democrats and Republicans have received millions from Wall Street.